Learn to Sail/Intro to Opti Sailing
- For beginners ages 8 – 14 with no sailing experience or some summer camp experience
- Boats and sails provided
- No tryouts, everyone welcome!
- Fall 2020: September 13 – December 13
- Winter/Spring 2021: January 10 – April 25
- Sundays from 12:30p to 3:30 pm
- Wednesdays and Thursdays 4:30 pm – 6 pm
What to Expect:
- Program will teach sailors basics of boat handling and seamanship; how to sail upwind and downwind, round marks and sail a basic racecourse; launch and return unassisted to and from the beach and how to self-right a capsized Opti.
- Commitment to the practice schedule.
- Limited to the first 8 registrants
What to Bring to Practice:
- US Coast Guard-approved life jacket
- Reusable water bottle
- Tight-fitting gloves and water shoes
- Long sleeve sun shirts, bathing suit
- Hats, sunglasses, buffs, sunblock
- Light rain jacket if inclement weather forecasted
- $475 per season per child
- Payment via check or credit card
- Arrangements to pay the season fee via installments must be made on an individual basis with the youth sailing director.
- Limited scholarships available
Register Your Child for Learn to Sail/Intro to Opti Sailing: