Learn to Sail/Intro to Opti Sailing
- For beginners ages 8 – 14 with no sailing experience or some summer camp experience
- Boats and sails provided
- No tryouts, everyone welcome!
- Fall 2020: September 29 – November 15
- Winter/Spring 2021: Dates TBD
- Sundays from 10 am to Noon
- Wednesdays and Thursdays 4:30 pm – sunset
What to Expect:
- The program will teach sailors basics of boat handling and seamanship; how to sail upwind and downwind, round marks and sail a basic racecourse; launch and return unassisted to and from the beach, and how to self-right a capsized Opti.
- Commitment to the practice schedule.
- Limited to the first 8 registrants
What to Bring to Practice:
- US Coast Guard-approved life jacket
- Reusable water bottle
- Tight-fitting gloves and water shoes
- Long sleeve sun shirts, bathing suit
- Hats, sunglasses, buffs, sunblock
- Light rain jacket if inclement weather forecasted
- Buffs or neck gaiters are required
- $350 per child for the Fall 2020 season
- Payment via check only this season (checks payable to MSYSP)
To register your child for the fall 2020 season, please click on the link below: