- Fall season runs from mid-September to mid-December
- Winter/Spring season runs from mid-January to end of April
- New Fall 2018 season starts September 9th through December 9th!
For intermediate to advanced sailors ages 8-14
- Sundays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesdays after school
The team will participate in 2-3 away regattas each season. All sailors on the optimist racing team are strongly encouraged to take part in these regattas as they provide an ideal platform to have fun and enjoy the sport while further developing their sailing skills.
Opti Racing Yearly Regatta Schedule:
- River Romp, October at Edison Sailing Center
- Halloween Howler, October at Coconut Grove Sailing Center
- Southeast Dinghy Championships, November at Key Biscayne Yacht Club
- Junior Olympic Sailing Festival, December at US Sailing Center of Martin County
- Buccaneer Blast Regatta, February at Upper Keys Sailing Club
- Sunshine State Championship, March, US Sailing Center of Martin County
- Spring Fling Regatta, March/April, Coral Reef Yacht Club
- Sailfest, April, Sarasota Yacht Club
Other Program Details:
Sailors on the racing team must bring their own personal, fully equipped optis for practices at the club. Storage of personal opti boats, blades and sails during the season is offered at no additional charge.