- New Fall 2018 season starts August 19th through December 9th!
- Winter/Spring season runs from mid-January to end of April
For middle and high school kids ages 12-17
- Some sailing experience is required
- Boats and sails provided
Sundays from 9:45 am to 4:00 pm
Thursdays after school
The MSYSP C420 team takes part in the Florida East Coast Regatta Series during both the Fall and Winter/Spring seasons and will also attend 2-3 club regattas each year where sailors race with the spinnakers and traps. All C420 team members are expected to compete in these regattas as they provide an ideal platform for young sailors to have fun and enjoy the sport while further developing their sailing and racing skills.
Benefits of Sailing C420 Sailboats:
- The C420 is the most commonly raced boat at the high school and collegiate levels in the United States and is the predecessor to the 470 boat sailed at the Olympics.
- The C420 allows growing sailors to continue their development in the sport as both recreational and competitive sailors once they’ve outgrown smaller dinghy boats.
- Sailors learn the importance of sailing with a partner as a team.
- Sailors learn to maneuver the boat by controlling the trim of the mainsail, jib and spinnaker sails all at once.
- $800 per sailor per season
- Fee can be paid via credit card or check.
- Payment via installments is always allowed but arrangements with the youth sailing director must be made on an individual basis.
- Please for registration click the following link: Registration Page